Hotel Offers New Engagement Tool as Part of Mission to Help Associates Work Here, Go Further
CHARLOTTE, N.C., April 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Extended Stay America (NYSE:STAY), the largest integrated hotel owner/operator in North America, recently debuted its new MyESA mobile app for associates. Optional for team members, the MyESA app is designed to strengthen the hotel’s relationship with its associates via a mobile device that features engaging content and reward opportunities. The new app allows Extended Stay America to share information immediately with over 8,500 associates spread across more than 620 hotel locations throughout the U.S.
The app’s key features enable associates to:
- Browse the latest Extended Stay America news, events and messages from leadership
- Share their feedback through surveys, polls and likes
- Submit their own story ideas for shared content including photos, videos, stories and more
- Receive notifications of new messages and recently added content
“Extended Stay America’s associates are critical to our success and we need to do everything possible to connect with them in a better and more meaningful way, and that starts with providing easy communication tools,” said Sid Levy, Vice President of Talent Management and Associate Engagement. “The majority of Extended Stay America associates are not working at a desk during the day so the app makes a variety of content easily accessible, whether that’s a letter from our CEO discussing our corporate values, company initiatives like our ESA 2.0 strategic growth plan, award nominations, health and wellness tips, career path information, job openings and more.”
The MyESA app also includes a gamification tool to encourage engagement. The app is powered by hubEngage™ and access is by invitation-only and unique to each associate.
“At the end of the day we believe that happy, engaged team members create happy, and satisfied guests. Regular users of the app will have better cultural awareness of everything from Extended Stay America’s core values to the activities that support them, which will help generate a sense of community and purpose amongst our associates,” said Levy. “With MyESA, our associates can learn more about the company they work for and how they can grow as part of it. We also believe that this app allows each of our associates to be ambassadors for Extended Stay America and is a great tool that will help us attract new associates.”
Extended Stay America supports associates by offering them unparalleled opportunities to grow professionally while working with some of the most talented professionals in the hospitality industry. The implementation of the MyESA app is an example of how Extended Stay America delivers on its mission to help associates “Work Here, Go Further” by offering innovative tools, competitive benefits, and opportunities to pursue several career paths.
Extended Stay America has a variety of job opportunities available at more than 620 hotel properties around the country, as well as its corporate headquarters located in Charlotte, N.C.
- Hotel Operations – Extended Stay America prides itself on providing guests with clean, fresh and comfortable experiences that make their travels more enjoyable. From housekeepers and guest service representatives to maintenance engineers and night laundry associates, each team member plays an important role in the guest experience.
- Hotel Management - Leading Extended Stay America’s front-line teams in the daily pursuit of providing comfortable, enjoyable and memorable stays for guests is the responsibility of Hotel Management. These roles include District Managers, Multi-Unit/Single Property General Managers, Assistant General Managers and Team Leads.
- Corporate - Extended Stay America’s Charlotte-based Corporate Support Center is the hub of the organization. The corporate office houses positions within the areas of Facilities, Finance, Human Resources, IT, Legal, Marketing, Operations, Procurement, Revenue Management and Sales.
“Extended Stay America exists to care for people who are building a better future for themselves and their families and that includes our associates,” said Kevin Henry, Chief Human Resources Officer & Executive Vice President of Human Resources. “Working at Extended Stay America is unique and our culture is defined by a clear set of shared values including putting people first, creating an opportunity for growth, doing what’s right and caring for our community. We believe that our values make us special, and our behaviors make them real. These values guide how we work and interact with each other and our guests every single day.”
To learn more about employment opportunities at Extended Stay America, visit https://www.extendedstayamerica.com/about/careers.html
About Extended Stay America
Stay America, Inc. (“ESA”) is the largest integrated hotel owner/operator in North America. Its subsidiary, ESH Hospitality, Inc. (“ESH”), is the largest lodging REIT in North America by unit and room count, with 598 hotels and approximately 66,000 rooms in the U.S. ESA Management, LLC manages all of ESH’s hotel properties and also manages 27 additional Extended Stay America hotels, providing over 8,000 jobs at Extended Stay America hotels and corporate headquarters. Extended Stay America® is the leading brand in the mid-priced extended stay segment, with approximately twice as many rooms as its nearest competitor. Visit www.esa.com for more information.
hubEngage™ is a state of the art, mobile-first, employee communications platform to increase employee engagement. hubEngage enables companies of all sizes to engage their employees with relevant news, social feeds, surveys, instant messaging, gamification, rewards, quizzes and much more on iOS, Android and Web. hubEngage's CoIL Engagement™ technology automates engagement campaigns based on user behavior and usage insights empowering companies to inform, educate, reinforce, get feedback and reward their employees to improve productivity, retain talent and increase brand advocacy. Learn more at www.hubEngage.com.