Measuring the overall employee pulse of your organization is critical to business success. There are many strategies to achieve this, some are fast, easy and cost-effective and some are longer-term initiatives that require budget and plenty of manpower to manage.
For example, let's take the most simple of tactics that comes to mind to measure employee pulse: the ever popular employee pulse survey. But even with something as simple as a survey, you have to determine how it will be deployed. Online? Email? Through mobile? How do you get people to engage? You can gamify it to make it fun, incentivize it with rewards and recognition so that people have a reason to take the survey in the first place, and pushing it out to different segments of employees at the right time and The right place.
Then there's the measurement question such as measuring satisfaction and an engagement from learning, training and career development modules through things such as quizzes, training videos and other interactive content. All the data that is generated from such activity inside of your distribution platform should be automatically crunched and have the ability to be sliced and diced so that you get insights and deep analytics into qualitative and quantitative performance metrics such as engagement satisfaction, learning, culture and other factors.
Here are some of the most common metrics that we track inside the hubEngage employee communications and engagement app platform.
So how does it work? How do we get these numbers?
- The right platform. It starts with having a robust employee app platform that has all the communications tactics inside of an engagement tool kit so that you can quickly launch features such as surveys, quizzes, learning and training modules, augmented reality scanning, and much more.
- Feature-driven dashboard. From and intuitive dashboard you should be able to create content and deploy tactics either using creation tools or seeding data automatically from other existing legacy systems such as SharePoint or other internal databases and internal/external social networks.
- Smart app technology. Next when creating campaigns to deploy your content you should be able to use tools and technology such as audience segmentation to determine who gets which messages and content, when and where.
- Location matters! You also should be able to use geolocation technology that let you pick precise points on a map or location database that allows you to trigger messages for maximum impact. (For example when someone arrives to work and is walking into their office building from a parking lot day cross a virtual geo-fence which sends a signal to the app platform to deploy a push notification to say for example take a survey).
- Data algorithms. Now once the user is interacting with your deployed tactics in app, data should be measured analyzed and crunched into useful insights with metrics such as the NPS, advocacy, engagement level, and sharing statistics. From this your platform should automatically give you scoring and metrics in predetermined modules so that you can watch in real-time just how well your people are relating to the content you're sending them and whether or not the Big picture is getting through with meaning and most importantly internal brand advocacy.
Does your current employee engagement and communications mobile app platform do all this?
If not, you need to consider a SAAS based employee communications and engagement app platform such as hubEngage that can do all of this at a very low cost per employee. Platforms such as hubEngage are packed with the popular engagement tactics such as surveys, news, streaming content, gamification, peer to peer and group messaging, rewards and recognition and much more.
More importantly it has a built in distribution vehicle that gets to people with more relevancy and meaning via tools such as employee audience segmentation and geolocation relevancy and use your behavior tracking. Companies of all sizes, whether small start ups with just a dozen employees or massive global retailers with hundreds of thousands of employees, can leverage such a platform at a very low per user cost.
Employee apps can be personalized and branded with your corporate look and feel so right after an app is installed on a mobile device or tablet your brand is communicated in an effective and consistent manner to all audiences inside of your organization.
Want to learn more or try a demo app for free? Checkout hubEngage and schedule your tour today!